This is a young man’s true story with three basic dimensions. It tells of his adventures with “THE FAMILY” in Newport Beach, California, after leaving a Ph.D. program; his role in the fifties’ culture in Southern California; and his problems with alcohol, the solution he sought and his new direction that touches on the inspirational.
Take a trip back to the days of crazy jalopies and the birth of rock and roll, as 32-year-old Mike Burns, also known as Heavy Duty, tries to beat the demons of alcohol.
This fabulous fifties story about the author is filled with music and cars, and the path he took that turned out to be exciting and bold.
- PART ONE(p.1)
- Chapter 1 The Setting(p.3)
- Chapter 2 The Nucleus(p.11)
- Chapter 3 Getting Organized(p.17)
- PART TWO(p.23)
- Chapter 4 Warehouse Work(p.25)
- Chapter 5 Expansion(p.31)
- Chapter 6 The Little Lisa(p.37)
- Chapter 7 Paths to the Past(p.47)
- Chapter 8 Anheuser – Busch(p.63)
- Chapter 9 Portland(p.71)
- Chapter 10 Alone In Portland(p.77)
- Chapter 11 SAN JOSE(p.83)
- Chapter 12 The Homecoming(p.87)
- PART THREE(p.91)
- Chapter 13 The Ending(p.93)
- Chapter 14 The Aftermath(p.99)
- Chapter 15 New Beginnings(p.115)